Yesterday, my co-workers and I were talking and couldn’t believe that it was already March. Boy, how time flies! We also discussed our New Year’s resolutions and how we aren’t even keeping up with our goals. Changes in our lives don’t have to only take place on New Year’s day. So, we decided to write down our resolutions and email them to ourselves and start fresh. Every Friday, we are going to come together, either in person, on Skype, or online, like Net Meeting, to track our progress and continue to motivate each other.
Everyday is another chance to make positive changes in your life. It’s never too late to start over, regroup, or pick up where you left off. I encourage all of you to remain motivated and follow through with your goals.
And, I know that all of us are extremely busy, managing work and life. But, we owe it to ourselves to continue to self-improve.
Here are a few suggestions that might help you:
- Get Organized. Write down your goals. Set up reminders and research helpful tools.
- Start Small. We are all busy and Wall Street can definitely be demanding of our time. So, be realistic about your goals and start small. You don’t want to overwhelm yourself.
- Schedule ‘Me’ Time. Put time on your calendar for yourself. Our days are filled with meetings and after work outings. Schedule time on your calendar to dedicate to your goals. Stick to it.
- Support Groups. Gather with your with friends. It’s so much easier to get things done and follow through with a support system. The buddy system is a great way to stay motivated.
- Track your progress. It’s good to look at your progress over time to see the improvement. This can be measured by inches lost, increased energy, amount of money in your savings account, and even how you feel.
Good luck and don’t hesitate to drop a line. If you need a buddy to keep you motivated, I’ll be more than happy to help you out!